We carry out a detailed consultation with you. This will help you explore the different styles, lengths, volumes and colours available.
1. We will do a thorough consultation to make sure you are happy with the service before you start. Likes to discuss your expectations and help to ensure that they are met. You will talk about your lifestyle and see if hair extensions are really for you. There will be aftercare appointments to attend for regular maintenance and the use of correct aftercare products. First consultation will determine the look you would like to achieve, we will select the most suitable application process and decide the amount and type of hair required.
2. You will have an examination of your hair to see if it’s in good enough condition to apply hair extensions. However, don’t worry if your hair is in bad condition – it doesn’t mean you can’t have hair extensions at a later date. Nourishing products and a reconstruction plan that can be carried out at home will normally be recommended. After hair condition has been restored (normally a period of 6-12 weeks) extensions may be applied.
3. You will be asked some personal questions to assess your lifestyle and suitability to extensions. This will answer any questions you may have and help us create your dream hair. If you are happy and decide to go ahead, 50% of the cost of the service as a deposit will be required. This secures your appointment and covers the cost of your hair. We will order your hair unless we already have it in stock. We will then book an appointment for the application of your hair extensions, the hair will usually arrive next day and we can fit you in within 3 days in most cases.
4. We apply your hair extensions and create the hair look you have always dreamed of. After which we will provide you with thorough aftercare advice to help you care for, style, protect and prolong the life of your extensions. Set up a maintenance appointment approximately 4-8 weeks after application to ensure you are happy with your extensions and to answer any queries you may have. We are always on the end of the phone for any queries. We likes to think of her clients as friends and often stays in touch with them long after the first appointment. Recommend booking regular check-ups and retouch maintenance to help keep your style looking its best.
How to care for hair extensions is and really should be one of the most important steps in your decision to get them. Sounds a bit odd, I know, but think of it this way – would you be happy with extensions that look good only about a month or so? Of course not! Taking care of hair extensions is an ongoing process, the results of which depend on you, your efforts and knowledge as well as your hair stylist. So, before you decide to shell out a serious amount of cash thinking that’s all it takes to have gorgeous hair, take a look at these helpful tips on hair extensions maintenance.
Do not ever remove your own hair extensions!
To keep your hair extensions looking their best, we recommend a retouch after 6-10 weeks. This gives us a chance to see the hair extensions that have grown down due to natural hair growth and grooming. The hair extensions are replaced if necessary. More hair may need to be ordered. Care of your new extensions is important to keep them looking their best. You will advise what you need to do to care for them (this will also be done at consultation so you know what is involved before you book).
WE OFFER AN AFTERCARE KIT WHICH INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
- Specialist oil-free sulphate free shampoo and conditioner with a fresh fragrance. Essential for keeping those bonds intact and prolonging the life of your extensions.
- Thermal protector – a must to use on wet or dry extensions hair to protect you against the heat from styling tools and the amazing extension gloss.
- Soft bristled brush which is essential to care for extensions. The soft bristles pass easily over the bonds/bead/ring/wefts without causing tension or damage.
ADVICE FOR FIRST-TIMERS
If you’re a first-time extension wearer, we recommends you invest in high-quality, virgin human hair. It may be expensive, but it’s worth it because it lasts longer and typically doesn’t tangle or mat. But be certain on the length you want before you buy; the longer the hair extension, the more expensive.
As for caring for extensions, you don’t need to wash them daily. Instead, lather up only when you need to. The more you wash the extensions with everyday shampoos, the faster they’ll dry out. We recommends using a shampoo and conditioner specifically designed for hair extensions, such as Gentle Cleansing Shampoo. After you wash your hair, run a wide-tooth comb through your tresses to prevent tangles (mid lengths and end only). Do not air dry your extensions damp bonds can eroad only blow dry whenever possible on a low /medium heat. Remember to use styling products to protect the longer shelf life of your extensions. To prevent matting. Never sleep in wet extensions, and braid your hair or wear at night.