So you’ve had your Olaplex treatment in the salon, and your hair feels amazing. But what if it’s another few weeks or months until your next treatment? What can you do at home to make sure your hair stays healthy in between appointments?
Most hair damage occurs because of things we do every day, like using too much heat on our hair or frazzling our locks in the sun.
So what can you do? The best way to get healthy hair at home is to use Olaplex No.3 once per week or more if your hair is significantly damaged. Remember, you can’t overuse Olaplex No.3.
How to use Olaplex No.3: A little reminder
Step 1: Apply a generous amount to clean towel-dried hair and comb it through to distribute the product.
Step 2: Leave it on the hair for at least 10 minutes. If your hair is damaged, the longer you leave it on the better. Try leaving it on for anywhere between 30 and 90 minutes and I guarantee, you’ll be amazed at the results!
Step 3: Rinse it out, then shampoo, condition, and style your hair as normal.
Remember you can use Olaplex No.3 on its own, but it works best as a three-step system.
Taking care of your hair: The bigger picture
I know I write about this in almost every blog, but cared for hair is happy and healthy hair, so I’m going to remind you of some basic hair care principles.
– Towel dry your hair rather than rubbing it, and detangle it gently with a wide-tooth comb. Don’t be too harsh as you can cause considerable breakage.
– Let your hair dry naturally whenever you can to avoid using too much heat and causing further damage.
– Let your hair air dry whenever you can. Hair dryers can be tough on hair.
– If you’re in the sun, wear a hat or use a leave-in product to protect it from harmful UV rays.
– If you’re swimming in a pool that’s full of chlorine, use a protective leave-in mask and wash your hair as soon as you finish swimming.
– Get regular trims. The only way you can deal with split ends is to have them cut off. If you get regular trims, you’ll have stronger, healthier hair.
Do you have any more tips on how to keep your hair healthy at home? I’d love you to tell me in the comments.