Image from olaplex.com, @amenabelledesoleil
Olaplex works on all hair types, and it’s especially amazing on natural hair. By natural hair I mean hair that is curly or wavy that hasn’t been relaxed or permed. Natural hair is sometimes referred to as multi-textured hair, and you’ll definitely know if you have it!
If you have curly hair with random straight areas or sections of hair that are thinner than the rest, you most likely have multi-textured hair, and sometimes it can be frustratingly difficult to manage.
Natural hair has unique problems. When natural hair is damaged, usually because of heat styling, it goes limp. Natural kinks, curls, and waves disappear and the hair becomes dry.
Olaplex revives natural waves and curls
Olaplex is a great way for you beauties with natural hair to revive your curls and waves without having to get the dreaded drastic hair cut you think you should have when curls break off or random straight bits hang limply around your face.
But the good news is, Olaplex is a total hair saviour! No longer will you have to get precious inches chopped off your lovely locks because it keeps the hair in prime condition.
How Olaplex is used as a standalone treatment on natural hair
Olaplex can be used with colours or it can be done as a standalone treatment. Here’s how Olaplex is used as a standalone treatment on natural hair, step by step:
- First your hair will be washed with a clarifying shampoo to detox the hair of any product build up, especially silicones and sulphates.
- The hair is then towel dried gently to remove the excess water.
- Olaplex No.1 is applied to the hair and worked through until it’s saturated. It’s not usually combed through as combing can break up the curls which makes the hair extra difficult to detangle. Your stylist will use his or her fingers to separate curls and smooth the product onto the hair.
- Olaplex No.1 should be left in for 20 minutes before Olaplex No. 2 is applied directly on top.
- Olaplex No.2 is also applied directly to the hair with the fingers, not with a comb or brush. Apply the product to small sections of the hair to make sure that the full head is covered. It should also be left in for 20 minutes.
- The hair is cleansed and conditioned, and then styled as normal.
- You’ll be given Olaplex No.3 to use every week to keep your hair looking amazing.
- Take a photo to show everyone how gorgeous and healthy your hair looks!
Ask us about Olaplex the next time you visit the salon!